Resolving issues between buyer and sellers on United Baristas Marketplace
This process applies to disputes between private buyers and sellers on United Baristas Marketplace using the payment escrow service
- If an item is purchase from a company, the Consumer Contracts Regulations provide opportunity for buyers to return items without reason
- If an item was paid for via PayPal, their dispute process applies
- Buyers should contact the seller explaining the issue and the seller's obligations under the Consumer Rights Act
- Buyers should mark the transaction as disputed to prevent the funds being paid out
- At this point please contact United Baristas support to ensure that the transaction is being actively monitored
- Keep a record of correspondence in a durable medium (email etc), and where possible correspond on United Baristas Marketplace
- Most people are reasonable and more than happy to clarify, make good or resolve any issues so conduct your correspondence with reasonableness and courtesy
Buyer - Seller resolution
Once you have agreed an outcome, please contact United Baristas support so that we can:
- partially or fully release funds to the seller, and/or
- partially or fully refund funds to the buyer
If you come to the point of an intractable dispute, you can opt to have United Baristas arbitrate on the outcome.
United Baristas Marketplace arbitration
Alternative routes to resolve a dispute are alternative dispute resolution and the small claims court.