Some guidance for constructively disputing an item
If the item you have received is not as described, the process varies whether:
- The seller is a private individual or a company
- The payment was made using the payment escrow service or PayPal
Purchases from business
If the purchase is from a company, you are able to return the item within a specified timeframe for a refund under the Consumer Rights Act and Consumer Contracts Regulations.
Notify the seller that you are returning the items and supply them with tracking information.
You can also mark the transaction as disputed if you paid using the payment escrow service to prevent the funds being paid out automatically.
Purchases from individuals
Private sellers have responsibilities under the Consumer Rights Act to accurately describe items for sale.
- Contact the seller clearly explaining the issue
- Mark the payment as disputed in United Baristas Marketplace, if you paid using the payment escrow service
- Progress to resolve the issue
Payment escrow service
If you paid for the item using the payment escrow service, sign in to United Baristas Marketplace and dispute the transaction. This will prevent the funds from being automatically paid out to the seller.
If you paid for the item using PayPal, log in to your PayPal account and dispute the payment.